[Qgis-user] styled vector to raster layer

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at netscape.net
Wed May 31 09:29:29 PDT 2017

Responding to myself, I found this processing script in the script
repository:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Processing/blob/master/
scripts/Create_rasters_from_canvas_for_each_vector_layer_feature_extent.py

It does almost what I had in mind. Its presence indicates that indeed some
Python scripting is necessary.

I may give it a try. Unlike above, I would probably try to avoid using the
composer and just go for the straight maprenderer as in the map rendering
cookbook example:
http://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/composer.html#simple-rendering

I wonder if it will be necessary to clone the mapcanvas maprendercontext to
preserve current settings ?

The main idea is to use the rasterized, styled vector layer as a
georeferenced image outside of QGis.

-Andreas