[Qgis-user] True North

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 01:25:46 PDT 2018

Alexandre,

I believe that true north is actually a constant oriented towards the North
Pole, i e 90 degrees north latitude. Also where all meridians converge in
the northern hemisphere.

The other North orientations are magnetic north and grid North and these do
vary as you suggested.

I do need to use a UTM projection but need bearings to be in degrees true
north.

Thanks Alexandre...

Cheers . . . . .   Spring
Samsung Tab 4