[Qgis-user] How to Prevent GeoPackage file from updating modified date when viewed in a Qgis project when it is not being edited

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Apr 9 23:11:30 PDT 2018

On 09-04-18 22:22, Even Rouault wrote:
> Or perhaps have some option in a dialog box somewhere! "I promise that I will
> not edit this file in any concurrent session, or in this session, so you can
> safely open it in DELETE mode" ? Or spend more time digging again into the
> details of sqlite locking to see if we could make a clever use of it, and/or
> possibly improving it in sqlite itself (rather involved!)

I would be ok with an option in the dialog, though it is hard to promise
that somebody *else* will not open it too in a non readonly mode, in a
networked work environment ...

Is it a possibility (at least on linux) to look at the file permissions?
That would open the possibility to put a read-only (permissioned) file,
and in that way you would promise to not edit/delete?
There have been other issues also with the wal-files (eg browser was
also rescanning dirs etc), so it would be cool to come up with / invest
in a good solution?

Regards,

Richard