[Qgis-user] How to Prevent GeoPackage file from updating modified date when viewed in a Qgis project when it is not being edited

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Thu Apr 19 01:32:45 PDT 2018

> Hi Borys,
>
> Are you sure that this is also a problem with 2.x?
>
> If I remember correctly 2.x browser panel does not open gpkg for scanning
> contents, this feature was added for 3.x.

Ok, the problem with 2.18 is a bit different. It is limited to concurrent use of two QGIS
instances, and only occurs for some gpkgs:

1. Run QGIS 2.18, go to the Browser and expand a directory containing a gpkg.
2. Run another QGIS instance and load any layer from that gpkg.
3. The loop begins: the wal and shm files are repeatedly created and removed from the
disk, and the expanded branch is being refreshed.

Your fixes of course didn't help this particular case. I don't observe it in QGIS 3, so I'm
leaving it as it was. Furthermore, I didn't manage to reproduce it with every gpkg.

Regards,
Borys