[Qgis-user] Mixed Translation

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 12 00:07:40 PDT 2018

Am Do, 12.04.2018, 08:52 schrieb Frank Broniewski:
> I did have a rummage through the qgis_de.qm file with QT Linguist and
> could not find any missing translation strings. This is why I think
> the translation issue is not related to the translation itself, but
> must be located somewhere else.

There's an older discussion about this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31533019/title-qt-how-to-translate-the-buttons-in-qmessagebox

After watching in QGIS code (and while not being a Qt-coder), I can
see several places, where "QMessageBox::StandardButton" or
"QMessageBox.Yes | QMessageBox.No" are being used. While some guys
write that Qt is fully translated, others write that a work-around is
needed for the QMessageBox buttons.

This might be the reason, why sometimes the buttons are translated
and sometimes they're not.