[Qgis-user] Unable to load qgisserver wms in qgis when more than 120 rasters

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 12 06:26:27 PDT 2018

Hi Reginald,

Errors of QGIS server appear in the Apache log files (something like
"error_log", potentially in /var/log/httpd or apache).

Additionally, there is a way to enable logging of QGIS Server - see
https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/config.html#logging

About VRT not working: have you looked into the VRT in a text editor and
made sure that the paths to the tif files are ok? Absolute or relative?
If they are absolute, they probably fail if you move them to QGIS
server, which potentially has a different file system and paths.

If you merge your raster tiles with GDAL - also make sure that you add
pyramids (see GDAL command gdaladdo) or use the raster properties
dialogue in QGIS to build the pyramids. I usually embed them in the
GEOTIFF file, so you don't end up with many files.

Also, I recommend using gdal_warp instead of gdal_merge for merging
raster files. It has more options to merge/manipulate images.

Greetings,

Andreas