[Qgis-user] gdal-NetCDF driver not working in QGIS 2.18 with ubuntu 14.04

Carmine Massarelli carmine.massarelli at ba.irsa.cnr.it
Thu Apr 12 07:35:25 PDT 2018

Dear,
I would like to open netCDF file (.nc format) from copernicus project
but maybe there is a problem with gdal library. If you use netCDF
Browser plugin you will see that the driver does not update the gui with
the parameters, so I am able to see only the screenshot attached in
which variable is never visualised and loaded (here there is a link to
download demo data and the screenshot
https://cloud.ba.cnr.it/index.php/s/NByRqPJaR3bsGb8).
The same file and plugin works well under qgis 2.14 in Windows OS.
Please, do you know if I have to install or compile some other libraries
under Ubuntu 14.04 with QGIS 2.18 to be able to use netCDF browser
plugin or open netcdf file as a raster with gdal?

If I run QGIS from terminal I receive this error:
ERROR 4: `../netCDF_example_data/tos_O1_2001-2002.nc' not recognised as
a supported file format.

The output of gdalinfo --version is GDAL 2.1.1, released 2016/07/07
The output of gdalinfo --format is attached (see link).

Thank in advance for the help.

Carmine Massarelli