[Qgis-user] How retrieve the scale value in a composer report

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:21:38 PDT 2018

Hi,
I need to produce some reports using the composer and the Atlas.
In each of them I need to add the scale value.

So I try adding a textbox and the value $scale.
Unfortunately I see it return always 0 value.
This is confirmed in the help where is write that the $scale not
alwaysreturn the real scale value, but in some context it return 0 value.

There is some other choice to have the scale value in a composer+atlas
output ?

I'm using the qgis 2.18.

Many thx.

--