[Qgis-user] Print composer not locking layers in 2.18.17 and crashing in 3.4.2

Reginald Reginald.Carlier at ingelmunster.be
Mon Dec 3 02:22:21 PST 2018

Hello qgis users,

I needed to make a A4 pdf of a parcel with as underground the aerial
photographs of distinct years.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t376957/bouwke.png>
When I used qgis 3.4.2 the application crashed during the proces of making
the printcomposer.
The aerial photographs are jp2 files of a size ranging from 2 GB to 90000
kb. I used the qlrbrowser to add them to the project.
The memory usage of qgis escalated to 10 GB and more and eventually qgis
crashed.
After trying two times more with the same result I decided to use qgis
2.18.17.
With this version of qgis I could compose the print layout but every time I
wanted to export the composer to pdf  the individual maps that were locked
were lost and four identical maps are shown.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t376957/meulebekestraat_bouwke.png>
For all the maps I have these item properties:
  <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t376957/locked_layer.png>
How can I export the printcomposer so that I obtain 4 different maps in one
layout?

Regards,