[Qgis-user] Print composer not locking layers in 2.18.17 and crashing in 3.4.2

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:03:30 PST 2018

I think you are finding that Qgis version 3 handles layers differently
from its predecessor and has some sort of memory caching of raster
layers or other capability that uses a lot more memory when processing
raster layers for display on the map canvas or a print layout, compared
to previous editions of the software

I have also asked questions like this but so far, I haven't had any
response to queries about this difference in architecture between the
versions of the software.

2 GB is a very large raster file by any standard and one might be
inclined to question a few things like the area that it covers or can
you downsample or otherwise reduce the size of the rasters to bring them
within a more manageable size that the software can handle.