[Qgis-user] QGIS SERVER 3.4.2 - download WFS GetFeature result as Shapefile

umbertofilippo umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Thu Dec 13 06:11:48 PST 2018

Alessandro Pasotti-2 wrote
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 3:02 PM umbertofilippo <

> umbertofilippo@

> wrote:
>
>> umbertofilippo wrote
>> > Is it possible to do it somewhere in the server
>> > configurations, or should I implement it myself?
>>
>> Replying myself with some findings.
>> I guess, if it is not feasible QGIS Server side, I can implement it with
>> ogr2ogr, or maybe use something already done (like
>> https://github.com/3liz/qgis-wfsOutputExtension, although this probably
>> won't work for version 3.x?).
>>
>> Any hints is more than welcome!
>>

> That's he way to go: a server plugin will do just fine.
>
> If it doesn't work for 3.x it shouldn't be hard to port it.
>
> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it

Thanks Alessandro,

another thing I found which look really promising is this one:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/181598/9518
https://www.gdal.org/drv_wfs.html

Basically, ogr2ogr can connect to a OGC WFS server and export direclty into
an output like shapefile.
Will probably test one of the two options and will report back my results if
I'm successful.