[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:40:25 PST 2018

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for your comments. It all helps to encourage me.
I have now discovered that the User Manual (development version) emphasises
the fact that there are changes to the node tool in version 3, and how the
dragging of the old method is now replaced by two clicks. Anita's book does
not mention this, so I was still trying to move a node in the "old way".
Like you I do not want to go back to 2.18, and I believe in learning the new
workflows of version 3 ASAP.
So now I have edited my polygons, but when I come to save the changes I am
still getting a long pause when nothing happens, then I get "QGIS is not
responding",  then it comes back to life again and finishes the save.
It must still be an issue with the latest QT 5.11.2, n'est ce pas?
I have had a look at the QT website and I note that there are a few users
complaining about unfixed bugs that go back for ages.