[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:35:42 PST 2018

As far as I know, development is done mainly in Linux

The Windows and Mac editions are ports off this. I am sure the
developers and port teams do their best but you can run into issues that
are platform specific and are hard to resolve. Particularly as it is
dependent on third party libraries that again may be less well supported
on all the platforms.

I haven't used Qgis on Windows in a number of years, this is why I would
suggest virtualisation of a Linux environment as an option, the virtual
machines when I ran them could do 99% of what you could expect in a
native installation and were pretty solid as a working environment. You
would probably find that to be a more stable way of running Qgis 3 on
Windows, if that were an option for you.