[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:09:38 PST 2018

Hi Nyall -

You scored a bullseye on that - I've done some testing

   - Startup with all plugins activated: *28* seconds
   - Startup with processing plugin deactivated : *19* seconds
   - Startup with proccessing and "Kortforsyningen" plugins deactivated -
   *11* seconds

(Test done on my 2. work-pc a Lenovo T570, I'll do some further checking,
when I get to my )

So the "Processing" plugin takes a whoppin'  9 seconds to start. But it's
not the only culprit: The "Kortforsyningen" plugin takes 9 seconds too.
Isn't it posibble to pack all this checking  in the various plugins into a
background task ?

Den tir. 18. dec. 2018 kl. 00.25 skrev Phil Wyatt <phil at wyatt-family.com>:

> BINGO! That’s a lot faster startup!
>
> > My guess is that the initialization of the python plugins runs very,
> very slow on the Windows pc. So the culprit may be the python interpreter
> on Windows.
>
> This sounds like a known issue since ages (v 2.6?), where at QGIS
> startup the Processing plugin parses all the hundreds of description
> files for the SAGA/GRASS algorithms. You can verify by disabling the
> Processing plugin and relaunching.
>
> Nyall

Med venlig hilsen

Bo Victor Thomsen