[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

Alberto De Luca albertodeluca3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:03:18 PST 2018

Hi all,

I don't know if this is has already been brought forward: on Windows 10, at
least for me, the antivirus service vastly increases the QGIS loading
times. I did a quick test today (I have got more than 20 plugins installed
and active):

- AV disabled: loading time 23 secs
- AV enabled: loading time 45 secs.

I use the standard Windows 10 antivirus, but I've noticed something similar
on a box running ESET Endopoint AV.

Alberto

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 10:14, David Addy <davesgrandad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
> In answer to your query, all my files  are held on my desktop PC, with
> specs
> as follows:
> CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
> GPU: Nvidia Quadro K2200
> SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
> HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB
> HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB
> USB: WD My Book 1230 4TB
> RAM: Corsair CM3X8GA2133C11Y4 2x8GB
> MBD: Asus Z97-K
> I also run Kaspersky Internet Security Suite.
>
> Unfortunately, although opening QGIS with a blank project had speeded up
> the
> load process yesterday, today it is still taking half a minute to go from
> an
> empty outline window to the normal QGIS screen. In the light of other
> comments I tried unchecking the Processing plugin, but there was no
> noticeable improvement. This is all very strange.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

*Alberto De Luca*
Consulente GIS