[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:14:16 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,
In answer to your query, all my files  are held on my desktop PC, with specs
as follows:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia Quadro K2200
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB
USB: WD My Book 1230 4TB
RAM: Corsair CM3X8GA2133C11Y4 2x8GB
MBD: Asus Z97-K
I also run Kaspersky Internet Security Suite.

Unfortunately, although opening QGIS with a blank project had speeded up the
load process yesterday, today it is still taking half a minute to go from an
empty outline window to the normal QGIS screen. In the light of other
comments I tried unchecking the Processing plugin, but there was no
noticeable improvement. This is all very strange.