[Qgis-user] Google Satellite Images v3

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Feb 12 00:59:58 PST 2018

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, 12. Feb 2018 at 09:39:55 +0100, Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Okay, then better won't use it on corporate environment and I won't
> recommend it to any corporate user without a warning :)

The google maps tou don't state it (but those are for the site I think), but
the google maps API states:

https://developers.google.com/maps/faq#tos_tiles

IIRC you are not allowed to print either (which I couldn't find quickly) -
which doesn't work correctly with the OpenLayers plugin and never got
fixed/workedaround for that reason.

> > --
> > Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel.
> > +49-4931-918175-31
> > Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax.
>
> Sorry to be offtopic, but you missed the space after the two dashes.
> It's "-- " before the signature :)

Hm, not really - mutt puts it there automatically.  And it's in the sent copy
and in the list archive
(https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2018-February/041509.html).

But it's nice to see that there are people left that care about netiquette ;)

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de