[Qgis-user] Is there a way to create automated tests inside my own processing models?

Carlos Cámara carlos.camara at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 23:55:24 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I am just starting with QGIS' processing to create some complex model which
makes quite a lot of changes and I would like to know if there is a way to
test my own model while launching it, so if the tests fail, I can get a
notification and I will know that something went wrong before I realize too
late and I have to lose any changes I made after executing the model with
unexpected results.

*Example*:

I am doing several joins and spatial joins. I learnt the hard way that
after triggering several times my model, every time I was joining layers,
new fields were added with a _1 appended to them in order not to overwrite
the previously created fields by mistake when I repeated the model. It
would be great to have some test that either checked all the layer's fields
or counted its number and, if they weren't as expected, triggered an
alarm/dialog box or created a log file.
Regards

Carlos Cámara
http://carloscamara.es