[Qgis-user] Is there a way to create automated tests inside my own processing models?

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon Jul 9 09:56:35 PDT 2018

Hi Carlos,

I think that's an excellent (implied) suggestion.

I know that FME has basically no frame-work for testing "workspaces"
(FME's equivalent of QGIS' "models") which makes development somewhat
hap-hazard. If QGIS had one, it would certainly be a leg-up over the
industry leader in this area. Last time I used it ArcGIS didn't either,
but that was quite a while ago.

To answer the question - I believe at present with QGIS (and ArcGIS
too), you could export the model to Python and then do conventional
unit-tests that way. But it's a clunky way of doing it.

To me at least this seems like it would be well suited to being added to
QGIS. It's not "sexy", but it's definitely useful.

Cheers,

Jonathan