[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18 vs. QGIS 3

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:48:16 PST 2018

> Hi Strumbi,
>
> They can be installed and run in parallel.

Easily?
I could do that on Windows or macOS but never succeeded on Linux (tried
with 2.14 and 2.18 in the past and ended up with building from source the
latest version, unless there is a difference in 2.x vs 3.x).
What would then be the steps/requirements to use the provided packages and
build different versions of QGIS on the same machine (nota: i'm still a
beginner on Linux).

Thanks,
Harrissou