[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18 vs. QGIS 3

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 1 01:51:59 PST 2018

Hi Harrissou,

Sorry, I was just assuming that question was related to Windows (where
 >90% of our user base is).

On Linux it is more complicated. To do that on Linux, I compile QGIS
from source myself. Than it is possible with different start scripts
that have different library paths.

There may be other ways to install both versions from binaries on Linux
that I am not aware of.

There were discussions about supporting Snap or flatpack packages in the
future - but they don't exist yet. This may be a way to install both
versions on Linux as well.

Andreas