[Qgis-user] Multipart Split

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:58:53 PST 2018

See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/114

> We have a lot of users depending on QGIS editing tools heavily, and they
> would like to have a clear visibility on what would be implemented, so
> as to get ready for it when it comes.
> They also have a lot of experience in CAD-oriented software, and would
> be able to give feedback and advices on editing tools behaviour.
> Following the QEP process would be good to gather these feedback.

This proposal doesn't actually alter any of the current editing tools
- rather it exposes a new way to use (certain) processing algorithms
to edit features in place -- such as separating a multipart feature
into single part features (or reversing line direction, translating
features, repairing geometries, etc).

Feedback and suggestions are definitely welcome!

Nyall