[Qgis-user] Mac OS X MacPorts installation for QGIS 3 beta

Jesús Lopez jesusl.temez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 03:25:08 PST 2018

Thanks for your effort John.

Following your instructions (and after sourceforge returned to the activity) I have been able to install Qgis without major problems in a MacPro with 10.11.6 system.

The version installed is 2.99.20180124. Should not it be 3.0? Despiste this and once installed, it starts without problems. At the time of using it is when the problems begin. As I try to change anything in the properties of any layer, Qgis hangs and I have to force quit. This behavior makes Qgis practically unusable. Any idea what can happen? The installation process did not give any error.

Thank you all.
Jesus