[Qgis-user] Qgiq3 on mac os

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:12:18 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> On 05-03-18 08:56, Rémi Desgrange wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems that there is no join effort in building Qgis3 for mac. I read
> an email of this list on how to install it on mac with macport. I forked
> the qgis-dev homebrew repo and make it working for qgis3 (release)
> https://github.com/RemiDesgrange/homebrew-qgisrelease
>
> Hi Rémi and other mac os users,
>
> We (Project Steering Committe/PSC) contacted former Mac OS packagers,
> this weekend, and William/KyngChaos answered:
>
> "It's going slow, but I'm close now.  If I can stay focused, I may have
> it ready by the end of the weekend."
>
> So keep an eye on
> https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html
> and
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis
>
> Off course if there is somebody else willing to step in to create (other
> type of) Mac OS packages: let us know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Hi,

thank you for all your efforts to get qgis3 up and running on mac, if I
may, I'd suggest that when a working recipe to build QGIS 3 from sources on
mac(s) is found, it should be added (or updated) to
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL

And if scripts are required, they can probably be added to:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/mac

Thanks!

--
Alessandro Pasotti