[Qgis-user] Reduced data

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 02:11:53 PST 2018

Hi you sell,

A qua, 7/03/2018, 09:37, <yousel at web.de> escreveu:

> Hello dear Qgis users,
> I have to plot some coordinates as Air Traffic Trajectories. The problem
> is, that in order to reduce data, the data provider has reduced each
> x-coordinate by 32000000 and y-coordinate by 5000000.

That sounds like some false nothing and eating values.

Now I wanted to ask if there is an option in Qgis to still plot the data at
> the right place without changing the coordinate values.

Using the layer's current Coordinate Reference System (CRS) as a base,
create a custom CRS that adds back those values in the false nothing y_0
and easting x_0 parameters.

The docs can help you:

https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_projections/working_with_projections.html?highlight=custom#id5

Here's an example of a CRS definition with false northing and easting:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/lisbon-lisbonportuguese-national-grid/

Hope it helped

Thank you very much and I am looking forward for a response.

> Younes Sellam

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com