[Qgis-user] 3D Surfaces in QGIS3

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 9 10:17:41 PST 2018

One of the features that I was most excited about for QGIS3 was 3D views.  One of my projects has 3D polygons above the ground elevation surface, and I was hoping to display them in QGIS.
I figured out that I need to change the layer properties->3D View and Enable 3D render.  Now, it does display the polygon in space.  But, the polygon is always fully opaque.  If I change the layer opacity, it does change the opacity of the projection of the polygon on the ground, but not of the actual polygon in space.
Is there anyway to change the opacity of the polygon in 3D space, so I can see the ground through it?

Thanks,

--Adam