[Qgis-user] Plugins that use active layer

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 06:41:07 PST 2018

Hi List;
I am trying to setup a plugin that will show the attributes of selected
features in a docked table widget. I want the plugin to only show the
features selected in the active or highlighted layer. My question is does
anyone know of any existing plugins that use the, or call, the active layer
so that I can look at the code to get an idea of how this is done?

Thanks;
Tyler

A Little more info:
Basically I am using giswater that has a function that selects all the
water network features between isolation valves, including those control
valves. This shows what valves need to be operated to control the part of
the network clicked. I want to add a little read out that shows the
attributes of those selected features so that I can quickly see, for the
valves, direction to turn and how many turns to close/open. I know I can
open the attribute table and go "show selected features" but this is
cumbersome on a tablet. Having a docker that is always there and ready to
show you the information would be beneficial in my case.