[Qgis-user] Drill hole section with QGIS 3

Andrew Jeffrey aljeffrey83 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:50:18 PDT 2018

Hi,

There was a post on the QGIS Australia mailing list today about QGIS 3D and
applications to Geology. While the post did not specifically address drill
hole sections, it mentioned that the QGIS 3D development does have potential
to address these challenges now.

The QGIS 3D crowd funding campaign is by Lutra Consulting and the link to
the campaign can be seen here
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/more-qgis-3d/
<https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/more-qgis-3d/>

Minimum contribution is a bit high IMO for individual users to get on board
(I may be wrong), but if you have an organisation or user group that can
contribute funds now is the time. I think the campaign expires tomorrow. If
unfunded it will not be developed.

Again - not saying this campaign solves the drill hole problem, but a few
geologists I know are excited about the QGIS emerging 3D capabilities and
this may be a way to progress them.

All the best
Andrew