[Qgis-user] Atlas Map Book Design

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Mar 18 10:01:48 PDT 2018

Hi,

You can easily install QGIS 3 in parallel with QGIS 2.18. They have
separate settings, plugins, etc. - no need to fear an upgrade.

They only thing you probably can't do is opening a 3.0 project in 2.18 -
esp. if you use new features of version 3 that haven't been available in
2.18.

The sad stories about components not working - are you refering to
plugins? This is a well-known issue that needs to be addressed - and
will be addressed - just needs some time. It was long-ago (and
repeatedly) announced that QGIS 2 plugins aren't compatible with QGIS 3.

Greetings,
Andreas