[Qgis-user] Join Table to Shapefile Question

Rachel Davidson-Stebbins rachelstebbins at outlook.com
Mon Mar 19 13:10:14 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to join a table to a shapefile but am having the same problems mentioned in other threads. When I join by right clicking on the shapefile the join occurs, the data in the table is preserved, but the field names are changed. When I conduct a join by building a graphic model the field names are preserved but the data doesn't get married into the join. I've tried to follow the suggestions on other threads regarding this problem to no avail. Do any definitive solutions exist that allows one to join a table to a shapefile and preserve both the field names in the column headers and that actually marries the data from the original table into the joint file? I'm using version 2.18.13 and am a new user of QGIS. Thanks for any advice and for your time.

Rachel