[Qgis-user] Newbie coding question

jehdukeegr at gmail.com jehdukeegr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:29:53 PDT 2018

So, I'm trying to do bunch of shortest distance calculations using two
point layers and a line layer.  Reading the forums etc. I gather there
isn't a GUI solution for this.  As a result, I'm trying to adapt the code
here:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/171896/how-to-calculate-shortest-path-from-points-in-one-layer-to-points-in-another-lay

I'm using Qgis version 3.0.2.

However, when I run my script I receive the error:

"ImportError: cannot import name 'VectorWriter'"

Which I gather is coming from the import command:

"from processing.tools.vector import VectorWriter"

I'm guessing this is because this module doesn't exist or is called
something different since the script I am copying was written?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-J