[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 - user profiles - migrating from one user to another

twroblewski at tacp.co.uk twroblewski at tacp.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 06:31:51 PDT 2018

Hi,

The user profiles feature is brilliant in QGIS 3 - I am rolling QGIS 3 out
across the organise I work at and have created a default profile, complete
with instructions for people to copy this to their machines, overwriting
other profiles in QGIS 3's profiles folder.

However, when they do, it is copying over references to the user profile
folder which I created the default profile on.  Any ideas on how to combat
this?  I can do a find and replace in the .ini file but will need to do that
manually on each colleagues PC (which I could do to be fair, as there's only
10 of us!)

Thanks