[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 - user profiles - migrating from one user to another

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:53:48 PDT 2018

Hi

Have a look to QgsSettings and global_settings.ini, that system was
designed to roll-out pre-configured settings within organizations.

Some documentation is here:
https://connect.boundlessgeo.com/docs/desktop/latest/system_admins/globalsettings.html

... and here for advanced:
https://connect.boundlessgeo.com/docs/desktop/latest/system_admins/init_scripts.html

PS: someone should definitely copy that documentation to the main QGIS
documentation.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:31 PM, twroblewski at tacp.co.uk <
twroblewski at tacp.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The user profiles feature is brilliant in QGIS 3 - I am rolling QGIS 3 out
> across the organise I work at and have created a default profile, complete
> with instructions for people to copy this to their machines, overwriting
> other profiles in QGIS 3's profiles folder.
>
> However, when they do, it is copying over references to the user profile
> folder which I created the default profile on.  Any ideas on how to combat
> this?  I can do a find and replace in the .ini file but will need to do
> that
> manually on each colleagues PC (which I could do to be fair, as there's
> only
> 10 of us!)
>
> Thanks
>

> --