[Qgis-user] clipping csv data to shapefile

Frank Broniewski hallo at frankbroniewski.com
Tue Mar 27 23:33:43 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am a little bit late to the discussion, but this type of question is a typical use case for the “Select by Location” processing tool. In your case you would import your CSV data and the countries into a QGIS project. After that you can run the “Select by Location” processing tool and define criteria like intersects, within et al. Run the tool and it will select all points from your CSV that will match the criteria, you can then go ahead and save the selection as a new layer (Shapefile, CSV or something else). Make sure to tick the “Save only selected features” though.

HTH
Frank

Dipl. Geogr. Frank Broniewski
Waldhölzbacher Str. 51