[Qgis-user] GDAL processing scripts not working on QGIS3 (mac)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 28 06:37:32 PDT 2018

It looks like a PATH problem - there used to be a configuration to set the GDAL tools path, but it's missing in QGIS 3, though there is still a preference setting saved.  Someone independently found the same workaround I did:

> On Mar 26, 2018, at 7:01 PM, dschneiderch <dschneid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also had this problem and came here looking.
>
> Here is what worked for me:
> Go to OPtions... System ... Environment
> Enable "Use Custom Variables "
> First select "Prepend", under variable enter "PATH", under value enter
> "/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:"
> (all these without the quotes)

> On Mar 28, 2018, at 2:36 AM, Ujaval <ujaval at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ken. Looking forward to the fix.
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 9:39 PM, knussear <knussear at mac.com <mailto:knussear at mac.com>> wrote:
> I saw this note on the KyngChaos main page - the last line indicates to me
> that William is looking into it
>
> QGIS 3.0.0-3
> QGIS 3.0.0-3 should fix the non-working GRASS problem. The key was my adding
> the "3" to the app name with a space, the GRASS internals didn't like that.
> So I removed the space - it's now QGIS3.app. The installer removes the
> contents of the original QGIS 3.app, but not the app folder itself, so you
> need to delete that from your Applications folder.
>
> It also looks like the rebuild fixed the missing SAGA processing tools.
>
> On to figuring out why GDAL tools do not work…
>
> 2018/03/22 07:31
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html>

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy