[Qgis-user] North arrow in QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:17:13 PST 2019

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 19:01, Bernhard Ströbl <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de> wrote:

> coming back to the original question: I would not mind to have an
> additional button for the north arrow, which would be a shortcut to
> create the image, choose a default north-arrow svg and connect it with
> the map.

This is entirely possible without major work -- e.g. the current "add
arrow" item tool is just a shortcut for drawing lines with an arrow
head automatically enabled. The end result is the same as if you'd
drawn a line then turned on the arrowhead.

We could easily do the same for north arrows, and have the action
insert a picture, link it to the largest map in the layout by default,
and default to a NICE north arrow picture.

Nyall