[Qgis-user] Export to DXF question

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 21:01:04 PST 2019

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 14:35, Johanna Botman <johannab at melton.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to use the Export to DXF function in QGIS 3.2 without satisfaction.
>

> The layer that I want to export is a layer of polygons representing a Property layer. I want to export the House number as a label associated with each polygon. I tick the Export with Mtext box – after making sure that my layer is labelled with the attribute that I want. I select that I want my layer symbology and I choose my required attribute from the Output Layer Attribute.
>

> Only 30 of the 300 or so labels are exported to the DXF file.

Have you checked whether changing the output scale helps here? There's
probably label collisions preventing the other parcels being labelled.
Alternatively you could set "show all labels" for the parcel layer to
force all labels to be shown, even if they overlap.

> When I open the DXF in AutoCAD I can select those 30 labels but cannot change the size of the font.

That's likely because you're using the mtext option. Try unchecking
that setting.

Nyall