[Qgis-user] SHP/DBF provider filtering doesn't seem to work

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Feb 26 05:04:55 PST 2019

Hey Jürgen,

Am Di, 26.02.2019, 13:56 schrieb Jürgen E. Fischer:

> Doesn't work in ogrinfo for me either. "left" doesn't look
> like ogrsql or sqlite dialect to me.

Think older: it's plain old native dBase function:
https://www.dbase.com/help/9_4/String_Objects/IDH_LEFT_FUNC.htm

Since the function is "provider filtering", I thought this would
use the native capabilities of the DBF format.

> It works as QGIS expression however.  Where did it work as filter
> for you?

I used it in ArcGIS all the time... Never used it in QGIS beforce,
since I'm doing filter by "select extract by expression" most of
the time.

Best regards,
Tobias