[Qgis-user] How to change what fields QGIS layout text tool reads?

Ville Koivisto ville.koivisto at kuntotekniikka.fi
Wed Jun 26 00:06:39 PDT 2019

Hi list,

I'm trying to add several texts to my layout and configure their contents by an expression. The problem is that the fields that expression dialog offers me under fields and values are from one certain layer and I need them from another one. I'm struggling to find a way to fetch fields from two other layers participating in the layout.

If I try to use their fields in an expression I get:
Eval error: Column "Field" not found

How to solve this? Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Ville Koivisto