[Qgis-user] [Print composer SVG export] impossible to open SVG file in illustrator

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Thu May 9 08:03:22 PDT 2019

Found the same thing. Seems that the option "export RDF metadata" should be off to get usable SVG. In my case this is fine, but if you need RDF data that is a problem...

yours,
--
Barend Köbben

On 09/05/2019, 16:03, "Qgis-user on behalf of Sami Charifi" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of charifisami at gmail.com<mailto:charifisami at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi!

I try to export my project as SVG file in order to work it through illustrator. I used print composer and exported my project as SVG file, unfortunatly when I try to open it in Illustrator, it does not allow me to use it (message : "the svg is invalid validate it before opening").

I can open this SVG in Google chrome, but I have these error messages :
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 175269 at column 11: Namespace prefix rdf on RDF is not defined error on line 175270 at column 12: Namespace prefix cc on Work is not defined error on line 175271 at column 15: Namespace prefix dc on format is not defined ...

I have tried to do te same thing by exporting a PDF file, but the pdf is really heavy and not easy to work on illustrator, almost impossible to edit.

Do you know an easy way or any best practice to export a svg file and be able to use it through illustrator?

Many thanks,

My QGIS version : 3.6.0.