[Qgis-user] Styling Issues with Graduated Styling

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:02:30 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I was recently noticing an issue when applying graduated styling to a layer
based on a field. Basically, in some instances the lower bounds for the
lower-most class were rounded up slightly at the nth decimal place, so the
feature with that lowest value was not actually shown. And on the flip
side, on occasion the uppermost value for the uppermost bin gets rounded
down slightly, such that the feature with the highest value doesn't get
displayed.

The the data admittedly have an unnecessary level of precision, but I don't
think I noticed this issue with similar datasets until recently, and it
would be ideal to not have to adjust fields a all just so they can be
reliably displayed.

I'm happy to file a bug, but figured I'd raise it here. If it's a known
issue and such, that's good to know also.  Of course if it sounds like I
might be doing something wrong, happy to listen to advice too :-)

Thanks everyone! Best regards
Mike