[Qgis-user] Styling Issues with Graduated Styling

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Sat May 18 02:32:18 PDT 2019

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your analysis. Can you provide further information?
1) What QGIS version are you using?
2) Can you share the data so we can reproduce the problem? (please
delete other columns that might have sensitive information).
3) There are previous issues related with this, but closed. Check for
example https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17345. Which values you get using
(the actual ogrinfo syntax depends on your data source):
ogrinfo -al -sql "SELECT min(column) from layer" source
or
ogrinfo -al -sql "SELECT max(column) from layer" source

Best regards,

Jorge

Às 19:02 de 17/05/19, Michael Treglia escreveu:
> Hi All,
>
> I was recently noticing an issue when applying graduated styling to a
> layer based on a field. Basically, in some instances the lower bounds
> for the lower-most class were rounded up slightly at the nth decimal
> place, so the feature with that lowest value was not actually shown. And
> on the flip side, on occasion the uppermost value for the uppermost bin
> gets rounded down slightly, such that the feature with the highest value
> doesn't get displayed.
>
> The the data admittedly have an unnecessary level of precision, but I
> don't think I noticed this issue with similar datasets until recently,
> and it would be ideal to not have to adjust fields a all just so they
> can be reliably displayed.
>
> I'm happy to file a bug, but figured I'd raise it here. If it's a known
> issue and such, that's good to know also.  Of course if it sounds like I
> might be doing something wrong, happy to listen to advice too :-)
>
> Thanks everyone! Best regards
> Mike

Logo*   Geomaster, LDA*
  *VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSC**O

*

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF 510 906 109