[Qgis-user] Query cross-table "similar" time stamps?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri May 17 11:33:53 PDT 2019

Hi Mike,

thank you for your hint, but the distance between the point and the
track is of no relevance for me.

It seems that the screenshot I posted is a bit misleading
(https://i.stack.imgur.com/MqPhK.jpg). Seems I picked a point where the
associated trackpoints are also the closest ones. But the information we
need is the time, where the observer was when taking the observation.
And this might also be on a more distant location.

Furthermore, I do not intend to create a new layer. I'm just looking for
a way to highlight the track point(s) which compare best by time with
the selected observation point.

So, still coulnd't find out how to query points in another layer through
an expression/ function, and in case I'll find out, how to compare it
with datetime values.

Cheers,

Bernd