[Qgis-user] Fix Geometries

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue May 21 15:02:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

The Geometry Checker plugin will add a the 'Check Geometries' option in
the vector menu.  It is very unstable with the current version of QGIS.
If you get it to run, it should solve most problems.  I get it to run
when I only select one test at a time.

The most predictable tool is the vector/geometry tools/Check validity
using the 'QGIS' Method (not GEOS).  That should fix your file.  There
is a 'remove duplicate vertices' and 'delete duplicate geometries' in
processing.  Your problem could also be caused by a module not working
with multipart objects.  Go to vector/Geometry tools/Multiparts to
singleparts.

If your lines don't touch,   try the 'snap Geometries to layer ' in
processing.

Nicolas