[Qgis-user] Map Matching

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:33:53 PDT 2019

Hi Chintan,

I had a look on the data you provided:

1. I just found the DBF-file, not the whole SHAPE, so I could not reproduce the problem with your data.
2. The DBF contains over 60.000 data sets, I think that is the network.
3. The screenshot you provided does not show a problem, but it looks like the plugin is still running (check the task manager to confirm it).

If you are using a very big network, than the plugin will slow down. Please read the detailed description of the plugin in the README on GitHub. In short:
The plugin hangs on the task „calculating transition probabilities“. Transitions are a pair of two candidates, i.e. points on the network that could represent trajectory points. For each transition the shortest route on the network will be calculated using the Dijkstra algorithm. Dijkstra steps through all nodes of the network to find the nearest  parent node. If you are using a big network with a lot of nodes, this task needs some time. Especially if you have a lot of candidates and transitions (because of outliers, a too big maximum search distance or something else) and the task has to be repeated very often. So my advice for you is to use a spatial filter before you start the plugin:

1. create a line from your trajectory (e.g. using points to line)
2. create a buffer from the line (e.g. 500m)
3. clip the network using the buffer as clipping mask
4. run the plugin with the clipped network

I will integrate this task in the plugin in a future version. But the plugin is a free time project and actually I am working on another project. So the new version will take some time. Please try the described workaround.

Sincerely,
Christoph