[Qgis-user] QGIS and GeForce

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Mon May 27 10:41:44 PDT 2019

I like what Nicolas said about this.

On a Windows desktop I upgraded from a Nvidia
Quadro P4000 graphics card (~$700)to a Geforce
GTX 1060 graphics card (~$550) almost 2 years ago.
I noticed a pretty good boost in performance, so I
assume the latter card is better than the former,
despite the costs shown.

Probably the greatest difference noticed was when
panning or zooming in and out with a Bing Maps QMS
layer turned on.

Mike