[Qgis-user] Geology / formation database structure

Stefan Giese Stefan.Giese at wheregroup.com
Thu Oct 24 02:32:50 PDT 2019

Hi Matt,

did you have a look to the midvatten plugin (1), there you can create a
project database for geology data from drilholes. I didn't use it so
far, but I think it's worth have a look on.

Normally the basic construct should be a one to many relation between
base data and horizon data

base data (position, name, ...)   1 - n horizons ( upper depth, lower
depth, lithology, colour, fabric, texture, genesis, stratigraphy...)

(1) https://github.com/jkall/qgis-midvatten-plugin/wiki

Best regards

Stefan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen