[Qgis-user] Calculating/Finding minimum area in a raster

Ryan Brook (Perth) Ryan.Brook at advisian.com
Sun Oct 27 23:47:56 PDT 2019

Hi Carolina,

Is it ok to convert your rasters to polygons? You can then work out the area of the polygons and delete/hide the polygons which do not meet your area criteria.
If essential you could then rasterize these polygons at the end.

Raster > Conversion > Polygonize from the QGIS menu or https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_polygonize.html.

>From memory it does not like decimals (or truncates them).

Regards,
Ryan Brook