[Qgis-user] Densify Techniques with QGIS

Tim Makins tsg.makins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 02:13:31 PDT 2019

Please can someone advise me on the techniques for densifying polygon
shapefiles with QGIS. I understand that I need to do this when, for
instance, adding a square polygon with just 4 corner vertices on to a
Azimuthal Orthographic projection, so that the lines follow the
meridians correctly.

The 'Densify by Count' tool lets me add more vertices as needed, but for
polygons, like coastlines, that already have a large number of vertices,
I would not wish to add the same number of extra vertices to them, only
to the long lines that really need them.

In a polygon shapefile with varying types of polygons, what is the best
way to approach this problem?