[Qgis-user] Importing a raster into a Geopackage

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:35:02 PST 2020

Hi,
Perhaps this can help: https://gdal.orgdrivers/raster/gpkg.html

“Various kind of input datasets can be converted to GeoPackage raster :

Single band grey level
Single band with R,G,B or R,G,B,A color table
Two bands: first band with grey level, second band with alpha channel
Three bands: Red, Green, Blue
Four band: Red, Green, Blue, Alpha
GeoPackage rasters only support Byte data type.”

My guess is that if the original raster does not correspond to one of the categories above, it will be converted to the closest format.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux